The initial staff of the Secretariat will be Executive Director (Mark Chay) and his team of volunteers.
Margaret Loy – Chairman of CBI
LLB, University of Otago, New Zealand
M Min, Malaysia Bible Seminary, Malaysia
MAVP (Aid and Development) (Candidate). Tabor College Victoria, Australia
1990 – 1998
Worked as a litigation and corporate lawyer in New Zealand and Malaysia. Involved in personal litigation, corporate banking and litigation, syndicated loan agreements, transnational goods distributorship agreements, joint venture agreements, marine and freight insurance claims, construction disputes, and arbitration.
1998 – 2006
Worked as the Campus Pastor to college and university students with a role in leading and managing a Children and Youth Department.
Director for Community Excel Services, a social service, community development and advocacy non-profit organisation spanning the urban poor, homeless, people with special needs, and people with multiple vulnerabilities. Current focus is relating more to government departments, NGOs and civil society organizations.
Mark Chay – Executive Director of CBI
Bachelor of Engineering from National University of Singapore
MBA from Cranfield School of Management, UK
Undertaken various engineering, managerial and director positions in corporations such as Motorola, Van Leer Royal Packaging Industry, Alcoa (Aluminium Company of America), Rex Group of Companies [Malaysian manufacturing arm of Hong Leong Asia (Singapore)], Tamco Shanghai Switchgear Co. Ltd.; with overseas postings in China, Thailand and Netherlands.
2008 – 2009
Executive Director of Transparency International Malaysia
2011 – 2013
Senior Manager – MICCI (Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
Abraham Verghese – Director of CBI
AV retired as a partner of Ernst & Young Asia Pacific on 30 September 2016 after thirty seven years in the auditing , accounting and financial consulting profession. In 1979, AV joined Hanafiah Raslan & Mohamad (then associated with Touche Ross International) which merged with Arthur Andersen in 1990 which subsequently combined with Ernst & Young. He was involved in the following areas:
- External audits as engagement partner and engagement quality reviewer for private , public and pulic listed corporations in various industries
- Reporting accountants for companies seeking listing on Bursa Malaysia or involved in other corporate proposals
- Corporate Finance /Financial Consulting covering mergers and acquisitions, corporatisations , privatisations , due diligence reviews and investigations
He was mainly based in the Kuala Lumpur office . AV was also significantly involved in the Johor Bahru office for about seven years.
AV’s qualifications include:
- Chartered Accountant – Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Fellow(FCCA) of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Certified Public Accountant – Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants
He is a past Council member of MIA and a past member of Malaysia Advisory Committee of ACCA.