Margaret Loy – Chairman of CBI
LLB, University of Otago, New Zealand
M Min, Malaysia Bible Seminary, Malaysia
MAVP (Aid and Development) (Candidate). Tabor College Victoria, Australia
1990 – 1998
Worked as a litigation and corporate lawyer in New Zealand and Malaysia. Involved in personal litigation, corporate banking and litigation, syndicated loan agreements, transnational goods distributorship agreements, joint venture agreements, marine and freight insurance claims, construction disputes, and arbitration.
1998 – 2006
Worked as the Campus Pastor to college and university students with a role in leading and managing a Children and Youth Department.
Director for Community Excel Services, a social service, community development and advocacy non-profit organisation spanning the urban poor, homeless, people with special needs, and people with multiple vulnerabilities. Current focus is relating more to government departments, NGOs and civil society organizations.
Dr. Ho Chai Yee – Founder of CBI
1964 Bachelor of Agricultural Science, University of Malaya
1972 Master Degree, Cornell University, USA
1979 Doctoral Degree, University of Ghent, Belgium
1964 – 1979
Rubber Research Institute of Malaysia
Principle Research Officer at RRIM – Rubber breeding and selection
1979 – 1995
Sime Darby Plantations
Development Director at Sime Darby Services
Research Director at Ebor Research, Sime Darby Plantations – Agronomic research on oil palm mainly and also rubber, cocoa and other crops.
Career Highlights & Roles
Authored and co-authored 110 scientific publications
Participated actively in local and international plantation crop conferences including the chairing of technical sessions, as well as in FAO and World Bank consultancy assignments.
Member of a number of local and international agricultural societies and the main agricultural committees in the local plantation industry.
Member of the Technical Advisory Committee of PORIM, Malaysian Rubber Producers Council and RRIM Board.
“UMAGAN of the Year, 1982/83” Award
Presently, involved in advocacy work through Citizens Network for a Better Malaysia – a civil society group, as chairman of special interest group on Anti-Corruption and Good Governance.
Mark Chay – Executive Director of CBI
Bachelor of Engineering from National University of Singapore
MBA from Cranfield School of Management, UK
Undertaken various engineering, managerial and director positions in corporations such as Motorola, Van Leer Royal Packaging Industry, Alcoa (Aluminium Company of America), Rex Group of Companies [Malaysian manufacturing arm of Hong Leong Asia (Singapore)], Tamco Shanghai Switchgear Co. Ltd.; with overseas postings in China, Thailand and Netherlands.
2008 – 2009
Executive Director of Transparency International Malaysia
2011 – 2013
Senior Manager – MICCI (Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
Lee Min On – Director of CBI
Chartered Member, The Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia (“IIAM”)
Chartered Accountant, Malaysian Institute of Accountants (“MIA”)
Certified Public Accountant, Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (“MICPA”)
Retired as a Partner of KPMG in Malaysia on 31 December 2015 after serving with the Firm for 36 years. His experience in the Firm includes:
- External Audit, as Partner-in-charge, of corporations (private, public & public listed companies) involved in a wide range of industries;
- Reporting Accountants for companies seeking listing on the Malaysian Stock Exchange (“Bursa Malaysia”);
- Mergers & Acquisitions, entailing financial due diligence and business restructuring;
- Head of professional development (training of auditors)
- National Partner-in-charge of Risk Consulting division, comprising 4 key practices, i.e. Financial Risk Management, IARCS, Forensic & Accounting Advisory;
- Lead Engagement Partner for Board Advisory Services, covering corporate governance, enterprise risk management & internal audit for both public as well as private companies.
- Co-written the Corporate Governance Guide – Towards Boardroom Excellence 1st and 2nd Editions, publications of Bursa Malaysia that provide practical “handles” to listed issuers;
- Part of Task Force under the auspices of Bursa Malaysia, responsible for developing the Statement on Risk Management and Internal Control – Guidance for Directors of Listed Issuers in 2012;
He is also an Audit Committee member of the Institute of Internal Auditors, Malaysia since 2013.